Peterborough Regional Overdose Preparedness Project
Peterborough Regional Overdose Preparedness Project (2017-2018)
The Peterborough Police Service with PDS and other supporting organizations received funding in July 2017 from Proceeds of Crime Front-Line Policing program to support the harm reduction work already happening in our community.
From September 2017 to March 2018, PDS undertook a number of project components to meet identified harm reduction needs in our community.
These activities included:
- Supporting local pharmacists to distribute naloxone in their pharmacies.
- A local training schedule of opioid training for employees at risk of needing to respond to an onsite overdose at work.
- Training for service providers and specialized training for establishments that serve alcohol.
- The training model created through this grant will continue to offer training beyond the end of the funding timeframe.
- Development of informational resources that respond to community requests, including:
- Information Sheets.
- A policy document to help agencies develop a first-aid response policy to opioid overdoses.
- Access to local online information about opioids.