A Question of Care (QoC) is a Peterborough-based capacity-building initiative focused on building and strengthening skills, knowledge, and awareness to address the intersections between substance use, stigma, mental illness, and trauma. QoC creates spaces for mutual learning, respectful dialogue, and fostering collaboration between community members, as well as multi-sectoral collaboration and interdisciplinary practice between professionals.
Our goal is to see helping professionals and community members feel better equipped in person-centred relationships, and for people living with complexity to see a reduction in the stigma they encounter in their communities.
Workshops, forums, and other events are offered at minimal cost on foundational topics such as:
- Addiction and Substance Use: Foundations and Approaches
- First Stage Trauma Treatment
- Harm Reduction in Practice
- Motivational Interviewing
- Strategies for Supporting a Loved One Who Uses Substances
- Youth, Drugs, and the Law
- And many more!
Visit www.questionofcare.com to learn more, view our training calendar, and register for an upcoming session.